Monday, April 06, 2015

Thawed

I made the optimistic choice to leave the furnace off at my beach house when I left it yesterday.  A look ahead at the temps for this coming week indicated that we don't have to worry about any more icy nights in the resort areas (finally!).

I've spent the past couple of weeks doing some slight remodeling at my little Casa del Sol.  I spent less than $100 for my master bedroom and changed the look by painting and getting a new duvet set and new prints for the walls.  I think it looks a bit more "beachy" than it did.

Rudy the Yorkie enjoying my new, "beachier" master bedroom

A little "adult" reading at Bethany Beach Books
I've been visiting the main streets and boardwalks in all of the DE/MD resort towns over the past month. 

The cool temps have kept crowds away, but many of the businesses have been open anyway and I've found some really good deals.  

One of the best bargains was at Bethany Beach Books, where all of their hard-cover books that were recently released in paperback were on sale for under $10.  We scooped up an armload of those to keep at the beach house for lazy afternoon reading

Coming up this weekend (April 12, 2015), you can learn how to have your dream beach wedding by heading to the Ocean City Bridal Show @ Seacrets.

If you aren't interested in getting married, or if you already are, you can hit up the Dewey Beach/Rehoboth Bacon Fest.  I really don't know anything about this event.  Check out the web site - I think it's some sort of a bacon contest - maybe like creative things people do with bacon, but I can't be sure.  

Sooo....yeah... not much going on at the beach this coming weekend.  I'll be staying in the burbs to do some clean-up and catch-up.  Looks like the beaches will be really starting to heat up next weekend, so I'll have to get ready for that.  The sand is getting warmer.  Put your toes in!

No comments: