Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Most Sun-derful Time of the Year


Sandy pumpkins and salty corn
A week ago, I sat on the Bethany Beach boardwalk and watched a young girl walk by me wearing a bikini.  It was, seriously, warm and sunny enough that people were lounging on the beaches and swimming in the ocean.

I'm going to take advantage of this extended summer weather to take my mother to see the Winterfest of Lights in Ocean City, MD next week.  The exhibit starts on November 19 and runs until January 3.  I figure that it would be better to take her before the lines are too long and the temps are too cold.  It won't be quite as Christmas-y, but I'm sure it will still be cool to see.  Admission is $5 (12 and under are free).

Image result for winterfest ocean city
Winterfest of Lights at Northside Park on OC

If you're in the mood for more Christmas before Thanksgiving after visiting Winterfest, head to the inlet in OC for the Light Up Downtown Festival on November 21 from 3-6 PM.  This free event offers live music, crafts for kids, holiday vendors, and a visit from Santa.

It is soooo quiet at the beach right now.  Last weekend, I stood in my backyard in OC and could hear the sound of the leaves falling off of my Crape Myrtle tree and hitting the ground.  I could also hear the faint sound of the waves crashing on the beach (about .5 mile away).  It was one of those moments when you close your eyes and try to store the memory because you are so overwhelmed by the awesomeness of it.  To me, the falling leaves, combined with the ever-constant ebb and flow of the ocean waves, gives one the sense that life, just like nature, needs change as much as it needs stability.

On that deep note I leave you with this:








No comments: