Tuesday, January 03, 2017

I Wish...

Happy 2017.

Not that I'm counting or anything, but we are only 10 weeks away from Spring.

Last weekend, I bundled up and took a chilly walk to the bay and the ocean to pay homage to nature and reflect on the past year.  As always, I am grateful that I have easy access to the beach and all of its beauty.





I have no real resolutions because I don't like to put pressure on myself.  I know most of the things that I need to change about myself and I like to look at it as "continuous improvement".  There are things in my life that I wish were different and I suppose I could try to come up with ways to gain more control over those situations.  But there are many things I can't control and I find myself increasingly frustrated about that.

Instead, I will now share the wise words of the great poet, Skee-Lo..

Hey, I wish I had my way
'Cause everyday would be a Friday
And you could even speed on the highway
I would pay ghetto games
Name my kids ghetto names - Little Mookie, Big Al, Lorraine

There you go.  That made me feel happier.

Due to responsibilities in Wilmington, my time at the beach has been pretty limited lately.  However, I did check out a new restaurant in North OC last weekend.  The Northside Pit & Pub opened up last month on Coastal Hwy at 127th St. (next to Ledo Pizza).  This location used to be JC's Northside Pub and not too much has changed.  They moved the tables around and brightened the place up a bit.  I enjoyed everything that we ordered (especialy the pulled chicken nachos).  My crabcake had a good flavor but was waaaaayyyy too salty and I couldn't finish it.  I'll give this place another shot for sure though.

January in the DE/MD beach towns can be challenging.

There's a whole lot of nothing much going on and it can be pretty chilly if you're standing on the sand with a cold wind blowing.  Double chilly if it's raining or snowing.

However, there are some good deals at the Tanger outlets in Rehoboth Beach and West OC and it's always refreshing to take a stroll down a chilly Rehoboth Ave. on a sunny winter day.

I'm hoping to be back on the sand real soon.  I'll check in later this month.  Stay warm!


No comments: