Monday, March 06, 2017

Is Breá Liom An Trá (I Love The Beach)

Got some Gaelic up in the title of this jawn.  Blame Google Translate if it's wrong.  

I know it's been a while.  What the hell is wrong with me?  If this blog were the only thing I was neglecting, I wouldn't be concerned.  Lately, it seems that I'm doing a pretty good job of sucking at life in general.  Might be time to make a few changes, huh?

Maybe I'll start by heading to the beach this weekend to check out some of the St. Patricks Day events.  There is the annual parade and festival in OCMD on Saturday, March 11 (12 PM).  It runs from 58th to 44th St.  There is a festival in the parking lot of 45th St. Village as well.  

Photo from OCMD 2016 St. Patty's Day Parade.  A tiny horse (we'll call him Lil' Sebastian).


Saturday evening @ 9 PM, there is live music at Blackwall Hitch on Rehoboth Avenue.  I've always wanted to try this place.  Maybe I'll try it for a late dinner, then hang out for the tunes.

Next weekend, Rehoboth Beach is having its 26th Annual Chocolate Festival on March 18 (11AM - 3:45PM).  This year, they are holding it at the Atlantic Sands Hotel (the convention center is closed for renovations).  Click here for details and tickets.




Lately, we've been lucky enough to have some really warm and sunny days in the DE/MD resort towns.  I took advantage of one such day a couple of weeks ago, and headed to sit on a bench and have my yogurt and granola snack while looking at the beautiful, sparkling water and quiet Assateague Island.  I still love those moments - they never fail to make me smile.

OCMD near the inlet on 2/24/17


Soon, we'll have more and more days like that.  The weather will warm and, before you know it, I'll be bitching about how hot it is.  I can't wait!

Sona St lá Pádraig (that means Happy St. Patricks Day) (I think).







No comments: