Monday, October 09, 2017

Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes

Suburban Mermaid came to me in a dream that I had a long, long time ago (long before I owned a beach house).  In this dream, I owned a swimsuit company called - you guessed it - Suburban Mermaid.  I bought the suburbanmermaid.com domain name the next morning and have held on to it for all of these years.

After I bought my beach house, I was frustrated at the lack of "insider" information that was available to me about activities, shopping, and dining in the DE/MD resort towns.  I thought that it would be nice if there was a place where people could go and get the real scoop on beach businesses.  I created this blog to fill that void and offer some humor and insider information on where to go and what to do at the beach.

For the past couple of years, I hope that I have been a useful, or perhaps just entertaining, source of information for my fellow beach lovers.

At this time, I am taking a break from my regular posts on this blog to consider which direction I want to go with it.  

I just renewed the suburbanmermaid.com domain and hope that, someday, I can do something more meaningful (and lucrative!) with it.  After all - it's not every day that you get the name of a business in a dream.  Maybe that swimsuit company isn't a bad idea after all!

Please know that I will continue to trek South every weekend to enjoy my time on and near the sand.  I will continue to seek out the tastiest crab cakes in the resort area and I will continue to make fun of people who talk too loud on the beach.

I love to write and always wanted to write something that was helpful to many.  This blog has given me the confidence to reach out to others in a public way, which was a great and helpful experience.

Thank you to the three people who read this blog and to those that have clicked on the ads.  Your efforts have given me $3.73, but the dream of potential big money has been priceless.

Keep swimming.

No comments: