Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bitchin' Camaro, Bitchin' Camaro!

OC Inlet Parking Lot during Cruisin' Ocean City
If you like loud cars, crowds, no parking, and "The Dukes of Hazzard", you might be a redneck.  Or - you could just simply be in Ocean City, MD this weekend for the 25th Annual Cruisin' Ocean City.  This event boasts that it will attract over 3,500 custom cars from over 20 states.  From my experience last year, it will attract an additional 5,000 douche bags from Maryland and Pennsatucky.  Not saying that the custom hot rods aren't cool - just saying, if you're heading to OC this weekend, be sure to pack your patience.  I plan to make a short trip down on Thursday night to do some cleaning and yard work and try to get out of town before it gets too crazy.

For a quieter experience (and mostly imported cars), you can always head to Rehoboth Beach to browse the 32nd Annual Spring Sidewalk Sale.  I actually checked this out last year and found some good deals.  

The weather in the resort areas is predicted to be warm and partly sunny this weekend, which makes it perfect for a walk on Rehoboth Avenue or a trip to the outlets.

Scary Fog
Last weekend, the whole coast was covered in fog all weekend.  It was, seriously, the worst fog I have ever been in.  Friday morning, I almost turned around and drove home because I was concerned for my safety while driving in it.  Saturday morning, my daughter and I took a walk to the beach to see the sunrise and could barely see the surf through the thick, foggy mist.  Later in the day, we ventured to the inlet to check out Springfest and noticed that, despite the sunny skies, there was still a slight haze blowing across the island.  



Springfest seemed to be well-attended and offered something for everyone - from funnel cake to fairy figurines.  Next year, I'm strapping on a fanny pack (mandatory Springfest accessory), putting my Mom and any other senior citizens who want to go in my car, and heading to the inlet a bit earlier in the day so that I can grab a parking space without circling all of downtown OC for an hour.  My daughter, Amanda, really seemed to enjoy the sights and smells of Springfest and even got to try some of her favorite cuisine - carnival fare.

Amanda loves Springfest and beautiful blown glass craft creations
We took a trip through the Trimper's boardwalk Haunted House and got a good view of the busy inlet from the haunted balcony.  


OC Springfest from the Haunted House balcony

Ahhhhh!!!! Springfest!!!
It was a great time at the beach last week.  I'm only sorry that I didn't have tickets to see Pat Benatar on Saturday night.  Although, I did have a deliciously perfect dinner at Liquid Assets instead (thanks to my generous daughter), so my perfect weekend did have a perfect ending.

I'm super excited for next week.  In honor of Memorial Day and the start of the summer season, you will be able to follow Suburban Mermaid on Facebook.  Stay tuned for more details and get your flip-flops ready!

No comments: