Monday, May 04, 2015

Mothers Day Beach Weekend 5/8 - 5/10

You know that you want to take your Mom to the beach this weekend.  What better gift than spending a couple of days with the woman who raised you?  (OK - maybe just take her for a day trip or....perhaps you can just go alone and tell your Mom how great it was when you get home)


With or without your Mama, there's some pretty cool stuff happening in the DE/MD resort areas this weekend.  The weather is supposed to be cloudy, but no real chance of rain. 

Image result for springfest ocean city mdOcean City, MD is hosting its annual Springfest this weekend.  Looks like the Vince Gill and Pat Benatar concerts are sold out, but you can still enjoy some of the other bands scheduled to perform.  Or, check out the arts/crafts and food vendor tents that will be set up at the inlet.  Don't even think about trying to park near there.  Take the bus!

Image result for dewey beach arts festivalOn Saturday, May 9, check out the free (free admission/free parking) Dewey Beach Arts Fest/Lions Club Community Day.  It runs from 9:30 - 4:30 on Dagsworthy Ave (bayside).  It's supposed to have an outdoor artists market (40 artists), live music, magicians, and - I hope I'm reading this right - free food from Dewey Beach restaurants and free Rita's Water Ice between 12:30 and 2:30.

I'm planning to head down Thursday night (can't wait!) and spend some more time sprucing up my beach house (this weekends chore = coating the patio with slip-proof paint).  I'm hoping to see at least one of my babies during the weekend but, if not, I'm sure I'll catch up with them when I'm back up North on Sunday night.  Sunday also happens to be my husband's 50th birthday (how the hell did he get so old?), so we both get to relax!

I'm hoping to find something cool for my own Mom when I visit Rehoboth Avenue on Friday afternoon.  She probably won't like anything that I pick out, but I really don't want to get her another outfit from Kohls.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mermaid Moms and, to everyone else, enjoy this beautiful week and weekend to come!

No comments: