Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Vacation - All I Ever Wanted

This Thursday (6/25), I'll be heading down to the beach to stay for a full 10 days!  It will be so nice to be able to stay over this Sunday evening, instead of worrying about leaving early (or late) enough to avoid traffic.

In all honesty, I feel like I've been on a constant vacation ever since I purchased my beach house in March of last year.  Just knowing that I have a place near the ocean to get away to has given me a great amount of peace and relaxation.  It has, without a doubt, changed my life in a very positive way. Each week, I look forward to crossing the bridge over the Indian River Inlet and seeing the breathtaking view of the ocean and the bay once more.   Even when I'm not there, it makes me smile.

I'll be kicking off my vacation with Arts Alive at Northside Park in OC on Saturday, June 27 or Sunday, June 28.  This year, I'm going alone because my family acts like little bitches when they have to walk in the hot sun and look at tacky, crafty things.  I may ride my bike to this event since it was hard to find parking last year.

Get your fanny packs ready for Arts Alive this weekend
In Delaware, the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival is happening in Lewes this weekend (Sat/Sun).  There is a $5 admission fee this year, but they will have live music (steel drums!) and lots of free talks, demonstrations, and kids stuff to celebrate...sea glass.

Image result for sea glass
Some call them "tears of the sea".  I call it "old, tumbled trash".
This weekend, we'll call it "sea glass" and have a festival to celebrate it!

My family will be joining me next week and I'm looking forward to lots of laughs and good times with them.  It's been a bit of a rough year for me so I'm hoping that my vacation will give me the chance to get my mind in a better place.  

I know that I won't be alone at the beach next week.  I hope that the weather is great, traffic is light, and that everyone packs their patience.  Welcome summer!



No comments: