Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Stay Outta The Sharks House!

With all of this talk about shark and Man-O-War sightings at the DE/MD beaches lately, you'd probably be smart to be aware of your surroundings when swimming in the ocean.  Here are some helpful summer safety tips from Veronica Pooh-Nash:




While at the inlet this past Saturday, I saw a stingray swim by.  It was heading from the ocean to the bay and my daughter and I thought that it was a two-finned shark (duh - shows what we know about sea creatures).  We asked a couple of people around us and they assured us that it was a stingray.  I hope they were right.

Stingrays swim here
We also saw a shark, but it was made out of sand.  It was part of the DE State Seashore Park Sand Castle Contest (sooo cute).  

Sand Shark
Other interesting things that I experienced this past weekend:


  • Lap dancing at Harpoon Hanna's
  • Late-R Night Improv Show at Clearspace Theatre in Rehoboth Beach 
  • A fire in the marshy area at the base of the Indian River Inlet bridge 
  • A Shooting star
  • A murder confession (I think)
Oh...and this:

Frontier Town Covered Wagon and Horse
I probably won't be at the beach this weekend since I have some things to do up north.  I may sneak down Thursday night to mow the lawn and get my weekly fix of salty air - all depends on how much it rains in OC this week and whether or not the grass will be long enough to justify the trip.

If you're lucky enough to be at the DE or MD beaches this weekend, be sure to check out Surfer Blood at Dogfish Head on Friday night or The Mekons on Saturday night.

Enjoy and watch out for those two-finned sharks!!






No comments: