Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Ending and Starting A Year At The Beach

The next couple of weeks will be a good kind of crazy for me.  I'm wondering where 2015 went and, also, sort of happy that it's going away (some years are like that, right?).  I do intend to end it on a higher note than it started and part of my plan includes saying good-bye to 2015 at the beach.

I'm sort of looking for a nicer place to dine on New Years Eve.  Last year, we went to Bethany Blues and had a great meal, but it was a bit too casual for something so momentous as the last day of the year.  I suggested Ruth's Chris in West OC to my husband, but he felt that might be a bit too fancy  ($$$) for us right after Christmas.  We will probably go to Antipasti or Touch of Italy in Ocean City.  Both restaurants offer great food without stuffy atmospheres or prices.  No matter where we end up, I'm looking forward to spending a fun evening with my family, then heading home to put my fat pants on,

We will be sure to be home by midnight to catch the fireworks in Northside Park (which we can see from our front yard).  If the weather is warm enough, maybe we can walk to the park to take part in the festivities there, which include live entertainment, the Winterfest light display, and hot chocolate.




There are a couple of "plunges" scheduled for January 1, 2016.  You can do the Penguin Swim in Ocean City to benefit Atlantic General Hospital or head north to do the Dewey Dunk to benefit ..nevermind...don't do the Dewey Dunk 'cause it's probably gonna suck.

The best thing about starting a new year for me is that I am that much closer to warmer weather and sitting on the sand again. I look forward to 2016 and all of the new adventures it will bring.  I am resolving to take a longer moment before I act or speak, to curse less (same damn resolution every year), to take better care of myself, to read more books, and to try more new things.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Bitches.  See ya' next year!  Peace!








No comments: