Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Into The Mystic


I feel like every weekend that I spend at the beach is a gift. Actually, it's more like a pile of gifts - each one a small surprise.  I never know what I'm going to be given or how great it's going to be.

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to witness Snow Geese on the bay in Fenwick Island, a beautiful sunset viewed from the second floor of Papa Grandes, a warm and sunny walk around Rehoboth Avenue, and a breathtakingly beautiful snowy beach on Sunday morning in Ocean City.

Seeing the Snow Geese was amazing (until the cops asked us to leave).  There were probably at least a thousand birds just sitting and squawking in the bay near the shoreline.  I've never seen anything like it.


Snow Geese on the bay in Fenwick Island

It was so great to have a warm and sunny day followed by a real winter day - complete with snow!  As refreshing as it was to walk on a snow-covered beach on Sunday, it was also nice to sit inside a warm house and watch movies all day.

Snow on the beach in OC!


The next couple of weekends at the beach aren't really that exciting.  There are very few events and many of the local businesses are closed until Valentines Day.

I will probably be staying North until the end of the month.  I have a family dinner and my daughter's graduation this weekend and there's talk of a major snowstorm heading our way.


I leave you with my happy, snowy face.  See you in a couple of weeks!!

Sno-cean




No comments: