Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happiness Is...

It seems that Summer is now in full swing.  When I roll in to town on Thursday nights, it's nice to see the bustling streets, the ice cream stands open for business, and the excited families that are in town on vacation.  There is a palpable happiness at times when it's super crowded and everyone has the common goal of having a good time.  How cool is that?



I'm looking forward to having a good time this weekend.  I plan to hit the Arts Alive art show at Northside Park in OC (6/26-6/26) and enjoy a walk by the bay with live music and friendly people selling their wares.

Art in the Park

I may also check out a band or two this weekend.  Dogfish Head Brewpub in Rehoboth Beach is hosting Pale Barn Ghosts on Friday night and Wyland on Saturday night.  Both shows start at 10 PM.

My search for the area's best crabcake has been a bit stalled lately.  I tried a Crabby Burger at Harpoon Hannas last week and it was smothered in a crab dip that was really delicious (and definitely something that I will soon be ordering a whole bowl of - with a side of crackers!).  But I really need to get out there and start trying the cakes.  Tough job, but someone has to do it.

Harpoon Hannas Crab Dip

My vacation is coming up soon and I will be spending 9 or 10 glorious days at my beach house with the people that I love more than I love crab dip.  Stay tuned for more photos and silly stories!


No comments: