Thursday, November 10, 2016

Be Thankful For What You've Got

The next few weeks at the beach are among my favorites of the year. 

Since it's not yet freezing, you can enjoy a long walk wearing a few layers and be cozy and comfortable.  If the sun is shining, you may even be able to go without a jacket.  

The towns are pretty dead right now.  Crowds are gone and, except for sunny Saturday afternoons on Rehoboth Avenue, you should be able to find good parking and tables at popular restaurants with no problem at all.



I'll be staying in Wilmington this weekend, but heading back down on November 18th to participate in the "Dashing Through The Show" 5K at Cape Henlopen State Park.  This event benefits the Festival of Cheer Fund.  I'm super excited for this because it gives me the chance to be among the first guests of the Winter Wonderfest, a new exhibit of holiday lights and a Christmas Village that benefits local non-profits.




Speaking of holiday lights, Ocean City's Winterfest of Lights will begin on November 17 and run each evening through 1/1/17.

I've already started my holiday shopping, but I may consider stopping at the outlets next weekend to do some more.  Here is a link to some deals at the Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth Beach.  Click on it for coupons, sales, and offers.  All of the Rehoboth outlets are undergoing renovation right now, but it seems that they are all open for business.


I hope everyone has a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday.  I'll be back in later this month!

No comments: