Monday, November 10, 2014

Ghost Town





The empty and quiet streets of Bethany Beach
I know it's been a while since I've updated.  I have no real good excuse except that I'm getting ready for my son's wedding in two weeks and my mind (and my body) has had to spend more time up North.  I've been spending so much time at the beach that I literally had to clean the dust off of my stove in Wilmington a few weeks ago.  Pathetic, right?  That doesn't mean that I'm not missing the beach.  In fact, whenever I'm sitting in traffic or dealing with craziness at work or with my family, I pretend that my toes are in the sand and the sun is on my face.



 A Halloween Tree on
 Garfield Parkway
 in Bethany
I was able to visit during the weekend before Halloween and experienced some cool events on the boardwalk in OC before heading up to Rehoboth for the Sea Witch Festival (note to self:  go late next year.  Preferably after 4 PM).  In addition to the amazingly beautiful weather, the vibe in both resort communities was really fun.  The stores in Rehoboth were giving out candy to "Trick or Treaters" and I bought some candy of my own at Kilwins, including the most delicious caramel apple I have ever tasted.
I'm heading back down this weekend to check on my house and do some yard work.  I'm sure that my yard is ready for a final cut and my sea grass needs to be trimmed back.  We're not going to winterize the house because we plan to use it every couple of weeks during the cold season, but we do need to take some steps to make sure pipes don't freeze when we're not there (many thanks to Dale of Loop Services in Ocean City for his great advice on that).
As much as I would love to spend Thanksgiving at the beach, I don't see how we could manage it with our aging parents and other family members who will be staying up North.  Plus, my beach house is not stocked with all of the tools and utensils that I would need to make the perfect turkey dinner.  Maybe next year...

A skeleton rollerblading on the boards in OC!









No comments: