Thursday, October 15, 2015

Vacation Highlights Volume II

How pathetic is your life when your goal for vacation is to finish watching the last season of Game of Thrones?  I did that and I'm not sorry.  And, now, I've moved on to Jane the Virgin (thank you Netflix).  That's the wonderful thing about taking a vacation at the beach in the fall - plenty of "downtime" to sit around, binge-watch, read actual books, and watch a couple of episodes of Judge Judy or Divorce Court (both hilarious).

We have managed to leave the house a few times.  Here are some highlights:

Day 5:  Tuesday, October 13:
The dog seems to be feeling fine - as long as he is eating leftover Filet Mignon from Ruth's Chris Steak House.  He's still turning his nose up at this own food, but I'm not real concerned anymore so we went to Rehoboth Beach to walk around Rehoboth Avenue for a while.  We grabbed lunch at Beachside Bar & Grill, which was pretty good.  I liked the wings and will go back to try some other menu items. 


Beachside Bar & Grill in Rehoboth Beach


Day 6:  Wednesday, October 14
Another beautiful weather day!  We have been so lucky this week. 
We started the day with breakfast at Denny's in Ocean City then headed to Millsboro, DE.  because my husband seemed to think that it had a cool, little downtown/main street.  He was wrong.  There were a couple of antique store that we hung out in for a while, but it's mostly just traffic and old Laundromats.

On the way home, we went to Bethany Beach (again) to take another stroll on the boardwalk and look at the dune damage in the daylight.  The town of Bethany had been busy decorating for Fall and Garfield Ave. looks very pretty.

Bethany's Fall decor
We spent a lazy afternoon and evening at home, then I took a ride to the grocery store so that I could actually cook dinner (for a change).  Once again, it was a beautiful night and a beautiful ride to the grocery store.  I don't think that I could ever not love this ride:


My ride to the grocery store
For the rest of the week, we plan to head to Berlin or Salisbury and we have some friends coming in to town on Friday night.  I'm looking forward to the cooler temps that are coming our way because I am running out of warm-weather clothes and I don't feel like doing laundry. 

I probably won't have a chance to check in later this week, so I'll be back early next week with information on all of the Halloween happenings at the DE/MD beaches!  I love fall at the beach!!

No comments: