Monday, October 17, 2016

Halloween @ The Beach: Week 1

Here's a quick summary of my vacation at the beach last week:

  • Yard work while dodging really, really big spider
  • The remnants of Hurricane Matthew
  • Rehoboth Ave in the rain
  • Sunday Brunch on the beach
  • TJ Maxx, Gap, and Old Navy for some new fall attire
  • Long walks on the beach
  • Long walks to the park
  • Long walks on all of the boardwalks
  • Got my ass kicked in Mini Golf
  • Salisbury, MD Zoo
  • The Hobbit Restaurant at sunset
  • Rehoboth Beach Historical Society museum
  • Delicious crabcakes
This guy pretty much sums up how I felt after
playing mini-golf.  Damn I suck.

Sunset from the Hobbit Restaurant.  Pretty freakin' cool.

Heeeeeyyyyy

Colorful Flamingo at the Salisbury Zoo - one of a few
remaining animals

I will be back in Ocean City this weekend (10/21 - 10/23) to take part in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K on the boardwalk on Saturday 10/22.  I've never particpated in a 5K before and I'm really looking forward to it.  My husband is walking with me (he gets a discount on his health insurance for participating in a 5K), so I'm sure we'll have fun.  

After our walk, we'll probably hang out on the OC boardwalk to check out all of the Halloween things that are happening that day.  There is the Howl-O-Ween Pet Parade and Costume Contest, the Drive-In Disguise Car Parade, Big Toys on the Boardwalk (which is pretty much OCMD municipal vehicles that they put on the boards and let people climb in and take photos), and the Halloween Beach Maze.

The weekend weather forecast for this weekend looks promising and perfect for board-walkin'.

Fall is here!  Yay!



No comments: