Sunday, October 23, 2016

Halloween @ The Beach: Week #2

In my opinion, this is the most wonderful time of the year.

Whether I'm in Wilmington or Ocean City, I am in love with Fall and all that it brings to the mid-Atlantic region.

It also means that it's time (once again) for...



BASIC BITCH WEEKEND!

Awww yeah.

Packing up my yoga pants
and a cardigan or two
Heading south to the beach towns
with my crew

Watching pumpkins with wheels 
in the OC hood
Eating Kilwins candy apples
cause they taste good

We the real Sea Witches
And that's no lie
I aint got warts,
but I have a bloody eye (I really do - not sure what happened :\)

We might drink wine
We might drink beer
We might have a great time
'Cause no boyz will be here

The sun will shine
The moon will be lit
Happy Halloween to all
It's Fall and shit.


Ok.  Not my best poem, but I'm still super excited for this weekend.

Here's the Basic Bitch Itinerary:

Friday Evening
3:00ish- 5:00ish PM  Drive to OC w/my girlz 
6:00 PM - ?  Chillin' and snackin'

Saturday 
10:00 AM  Wags, Witches, & Warlocks Halloween Festival in Bethany Beach.  This event benefits the Delaware SPCA ($5 donation suggested) and starts with a parade at 10 AM down Garfield Parkway.  There will be a costume contest for people and pets, kids activities, and a DJ.  

1:00 PM  O.C.Toberfest Great Pumpkin Race on the OCMD boardwalk.  Once again, people will be racing their crazy, funny wheeled pumpkins down the ramp with the help of a play-by-play announcer and compete for prizes in several divisions.



2:30 PM  Sea Witch Festival in Rehoboth Beach.  This event actually starts at 10 AM with a costume parade, but we like to go after they re-open Rehoboth Avenue (well.. part of it) to traffic.  There is so much going on in Rehoboth during this event, which actually lasts all weekend.  Click on the link and find the program download for all of the info.




5:30 PM  Dinner in Rehoboth Beach.  Somewhere yummy.

7:30 PM  Back to OC for wine, candy apples and/or fudge, SNL, and watching my daughter fall asleep on my couch (love her!).




Sunday
Maybe a stop at an outlet or two on our way back to Wilmington.  Got that 25% off coupon for Tangers.

Happy Halloween to all.  Here's wishing you a weekend of good weather, good parking spaces, and full-size (not fun-size) candy bars!











No comments: