Sunday, May 21, 2017

100 Nights of Light

If it's time to switch directly from heat to A/C, you must be in Delaware and it must be Memorial Day Weekend.

Sort of hard to believe that it's that time of year again.  It's been a strange and chilly spring - not the usual way we ease in to Summer.  

Like many people, I will have a nice, long 4 day weekend and I'm heading to the beach.  




I might get a start on painting my beach house shed to match the house (we didn't do that last year after we had the house painted) and, if the weather permits, I am looking forward to my first outdoor shower of the season.

OCMD has a cool new event for this summer called "100 Nights of Lights".  It starts this weekend and runs through Labor Day every night from 9-11 PM.  The display features colored searchlights on the beach that move to music.  Here's a rendering below showing what it's supposed to look like.  When I see it, I'll take a pic of what it actually looks like.


100 Nights of Lights on the OCMD Boardwalk starts this weekend

Also happening this weekend is the Poseidon Festival in Bethany Beach DE.  I may have to head there on Saturday night (5/27) to check out the Trinidad & Tobago Baltimore Steel Orchestra at 7:30 PM.  I love steel drums and I think that would be a great way to kick off Summer 2017.  


The rest of my weekend is going to be filled with walking, shopping, relaxing, and eating.  Can't wait!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!  


No comments: