Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Good Vibrations & Bad Reputations

I've never been a huge fan of Joan Jett's music, but I do have a vivid memory of singing "Bad Reputation" with my friends at a parking lot carnival when I was 13 years old.  I was probably holding a cigarette and wearing my t-shirt with the "Foxy Lady" decal because...you know...I didn't give a damn about my bad reputation!

Stay Classy, Joan!


It's a good thing I changed my attitude a few months later.  Otherwise, I might never have been in the position to head to my beach house this weekend and go see Joan Jett at the inlet parking lot in OCMD.  How cool is that?  Joan Jett playing guitar right over the spot where I park my car to go buy french fries!  I had to get tickets.  Got some good seats, too.  I'm looking forward to rockin' out with the other badass moms this Saturday night.  Want tickets too?  Sorry Bitches!  It's a sold out show.

OCMD Springfest is this weekend (5/4/17 - 5/7/17).  There are still tix left for The Fabulous Hubcaps on Thursday night, but Josh Turner is sold out for Friday.




As we make our way closer to Memorial Day and the start of the summer season, there are a few new things going on at the DE/MD beach resorts that I'm looking forward to checking out.  The one thing I'm definitely going to check out is the new restaurant they are building in DE Seashore State Park at the Indian River Inlet - on the beach!!   The Big Chill Beach Club is scheduled to open in May.  It will be a bar/restaurant and wedding venue (up to 160 people sit-down, 200 cocktail).  The views from the top deck of this place are going to be amazing.  I don't even care what the food tastes like - this is going to be cool.


Aerial view - This place is going to be freakin' awesome


Another new restaurant is opening in Fenwick Island where Claddagh on the Shore used to be.  The owners of Liquid Assets in OCMD are opening Our Harvest  some time this month.  I checked out their menu online and it looks promising - definitely different than the ribs/chicken/crab places that seem to be popping up on every corner south of Fenwick 
Island.

I'm looking forward to a chilly and relaxing weekend and hoping for no rain, good parking, happy tourists, and light traffic.  

It's May!!  Wooo hooo!! 






No comments: