Sunday, May 15, 2016

Life Is A (Unpaved) Highway

This coming weekend (5/19 - 5/22) is the Spring Cruise Weekend in Ocean City, MD a.k.a the only weekend I don't want to be in Ocean City, MD.
Why?
Because it's when my part-time hometown turns in to a noisy, gas-stinkin' playground for a bunch of douchebags who think they have nice-ass cars (which ruins it for the non-douchebags who are in town and actually DO have nice-ass cars - even though they bring noise and gas stink too).

So classy


Therefore, IF I decide to head South to the beach this weekend, I will be avoiding Coastal Highway at all costs and staying in Delaware.

I could head to Rehoboth Beach to see the VIA Designer Showhouse in Henlopen Acres.  For $25, I can tour a completely remodeled 1960s beach house on 3/4 acre.  This particular home was constructed in 1965 by Selbyville Manufacturing Company and is a classic "rambler" style ranch.

- OR -

If I wake up early enough on 5/21/16, I can join the Boats, Buttons, Beans, & Beer Walking Tour in historic Milton, DE.  This guided tour costs $5 and runs from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM.  It's a mile-long journey through the streets and alleys of historic Milton.  Not sure if you get any beer (or beans), but you can contact Dogfish head to sign up for a tour of the brewery after the walking tour ends.


Historic Milton, DE
Even if I just stay in my house and walk to the beach, park, or bay it will be better than dealing with the shit show on Coastal Hwy.  I sort of need to go down and mow the lawn, but I may just decide to stay in Wilmington instead to sit on my nice, quiet suburban deck.

If you're heading to OCMD, be careful and be patient.  The re-paving of Coastal Highway is still not finished and you don't want to destroy the 24" rims on your 1988 Honda Civic.

Ironically, the forecast is calling for higher temps and little chance of rain this weekend so, in spite of the noise and the stench, it may actually be a great weekend to be on the sand.

Be careful out there and enjoy the sun!





No comments: