Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cool For The Summer

I really can't believe that we have reached the end of the Summer season.  Labor Day is this coming Monday and I am working on my list of things that I haven't done yet this summer.  I have yet to eat an ice cream cone while walking on the boardwalk and I didn't swim in the ocean at all (well...not above my kneecaps). 


Although I will be visiting the beach long after the crowds disappear, that water is going to start getting really cold pretty soon.  

I only have another week or two to make up for my laziness and experience all of the things that I won't be able to do for the next 9 or 10 months.

Since it will be a long weekend and I am off work on Monday, I plan to check out Sundaes in the Park at Northside Park in OCMD on Sunday night (9/4).  From 7-9 PM, there will be live music by The Janitors, ice cream sundaes, and a fireworks show.



After the fireworks end, I may hurry up to the boardwalk for the last OC Beach Lights show.  There are showings at 9:30, 10, and 10:30 PM.  I know it's a bit tacky, but I love seeing how excited some people get while watching it.  Maybe I can eat my ice cream cone while I'm there!



On Monday 9/5, everyone can mourn the end of Summer 2016 at the Jazz Funeral in Bethany Beach.  This is something I've always wanted to see.  Maybe I'll hang around town until late that night so that I can check it out.



I'm hoping for cooler temps and no rain this weekend.  I've been trying to be consistent with my 10,000 steps per day.  That goal has allowed me to experience a closer view of my neighborhood at the beach, which I now love even more.  It has given me a better view of the stars (even shooting ones!), beautiful bay sunsets, and still-warm sand under a dark sky.

I'll be hanging with my family in OCMD and enjoying lots of love and laughter as we try to squeeze every last glorious second of summer in to a weekend.  

I leave you with a melancholy poem as we transition in to what is sure to be another beautiful Fall season at the beach: 


So here's an end of roaming
  On eves when autumn nighs:
The ear too fondly listens
  For summer's parting sighs,
  And then the heart replies.

                                       - AE Housman

I found this cool Tervis Tumbler at Fenwick Float-ors.  Fall is coming!!



No comments: