Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post and, truthfully, not much has changed since then.  

The beaches are still packed, traffic is still crazy, and the vacation season is in full swing.

The cool thing is that most people seem to be in a pretty good mood.  The vibe is awesome and the weather hasn't been too bad either.

This past weekend, we tried the new restaurant, Fin Alley, in Fenwick Island.  I was impressed.  The food, service, and atmosphere were great and the prices were really, really reasonable.  We started with the Crab Salsa appetizer, which was loaded with big lumps of delicious crabmeat and super fresh ingredients.  I chose the crabcake entree and found what is, so far, the best crabcake that I have eaten all summer.  I give Fin Alley and their crabcakes an enthusiastic 4 claws!
Added bonus:  the couple at the table next to us was having an argument.  Beautiful sunset view AND eavesdropping on someone elses business made for a truly fun evening!


Delicious Crabcakes at Fin Alley in Fenwick Island


Since my life has become eerily similar to a Rheumatoid Arthritis medication commercial, I'm going to another outdoor evening concert this weekend.  Classic Albums Live:  David Bowie will be at the Freeman Stage at Bayside on Saturday 8/6.   I attended my first show at the Freeman Stage earlier this month (Back to the 80s Show with Jessie's Girl) and was so impressed by the friendly staff and the way that they kept things organized.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a cool night with no rain and no mosquitos!  

Bowie by the Beach

I've been keeping it pretty calm this summer.  I have not done my usual amount of exploring and dropping in on other beach towns.  Perhaps it's because I don't want to fight crowds, spend money on parking, or get sweaty (it has been a very warm summer).  The recent news reports of the arrests on the OCMD boardwalk last week have me a bit shaken, but not enough to stay away.  I know how the boardwalk usually is on a busy summer night and whatever happened there was certainly an anomoly.  Maybe this weekend I will take a ride up to the boards for my daily walk.

It has been so nice to share the sand with happy families on vacation.  This summer more than others, I have noticed that people seem to be having a bit more fun with each other.  Maybe it's just me.  But it would be cool if I'm right.  

Happy beachin', Bitches!  See ya' on the sand.







No comments: