Thursday, August 28, 2014

Labor Day Already!


I don't think I'm alone in believing that this summer went by way too fast.  It seems like only yesterday that I was stocking up on sunscreen and trashy romance novels.  While I love autumn at the beach, I am going to miss the long days, watching the sunset after dinner (instead of before), and people-watching on the beach on a crowded Saturday afternoon. 

I'm heading down tonight to say good-bye to summer and enjoy the beautiful weather that is predicted.  I will take a few more outdoor showers (love that) and sit on my patio until well after midnight with my citronella candles burning.

There are a few things I really want to do this weekend:

1.  Visit El Galeon AndalucĂ­a.  This is something that I wanted to do weeks ago, but couldn't because I was sick.  It heads out of OC on Monday, so I need to check it out this weekend.

Blinky the fish2.  See Blinky the Fish on the sand in Ocean City.  Apparently, FX is promoting The Simpsons with a giant, inflatable Blinky on the beach near the boardwalk on Saturday 8/30.  I'm not a big follower of the show, but I've heard Blinky has three eyes due to the polluted water in which he resides.  I'm hoping this doesn't give the ocean in OC a bad rap because I actually think the water looks cleaner than ever!
3.  Fill my Fisher's Popcorn container.  If you keep your Fisher's bucket, you can get $1 off if you take it there for a re-fill.  Since I won't be at my beach house next weekend, I need some delicious beach popcorn to munch on up in Wilmington!

I hope everyone has a safe and sunny Labor Day Weekend!












No comments: