Friday, August 08, 2014

Meteor Showers, Super Moon, and Birthday Cake - August 8-10 Beach Weekend

I've been swimming with a bit of a broken fin these past few weeks.  This cold/flu has really taken a lot out of me.  I don't think I've slept this much since I was in high school!

Last weekend, the rain was the perfect remedy for me.  It kept me in the house and off of the beach.  I had nothing to do but sleep and rest.  It was wonderful.  So...I didn't get to do any of the fun things that I had planned on doing, but I felt almost all better by the time I went home.

Today was a great beach day.  A bit hazy but not really crowded and the temps were perfect.  I spent a lovely afternoon on the sand and followed it up with some down time at the beach house.  Tonight, my daughter and her husband will be joining us.

Apparently there is going to be a Perseid Meteor Shower tonight, along with a Super Moon.  My daughter and I plan to head to the darkest part of the beach at around 2 AM tomorrow to catch the action.

My son-in-law's birthday is on Sunday and we will be searching for a decent birthday cake in the resort area.  We tried Harris Teeter a few months ago for my husbands birthday and it was "ok".  Last week, I sampled some cupcakes from Bake My Day on Route 54 and...meh.  Tomorrow, my daughter and I are heading to Rehoboth to see what goodies we can find up there.  Perhaps we'll try Cake Break on 1st St.  I've walked by several times, but never stopped in.  Finding the perfect cake is a tough job, but someone has to do it, right?

Here's hoping for more beautiful weather and a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy!!


No comments: