Saturday, August 30, 2014

Rehoboth Gems


Last weekend, I ventured North to Rehoboth Beach to hit the outlets with my son and his fiancĂ©e.  We were out early enough that we didn't run in to traffic or crowds.



Two-tone Ray Ban Wayfarers in Ivory at
 Sunglass Hut in Rehoboth
At the Sunglass Hut store (Tanger Seaside), I found these crazy cool two-tone Ray Ban Wayfarers.  Knowing that my daughter scratched hers, I Face-timed with her to see if she wanted me to pick these up as replacement shades.  She did.  And, I must say, she looks great in them!  These retro-look shades come in two-tone green and yellow as well.



Nicola Pizza Leftovers!
After stopping at a few more outlet stores on our quest to find the perfect bachelorette party dress, we headed to Rehoboth Avenue to check out Downtown Cowgirl and a few other boutiques.  We were starting to get hungry and wanted a quick bite before our meter expired, so we stopped in to the original Nicola Pizza on 1st St.  Believe it or not, I have never had a pizza from Nicolas!  Since they're known for their Stromboli (Nic-O-Boli, as they call it), that is the only thing I've ever had there.  Now, I'm sorry that I didn't discover it sooner.  I am a Grottos Pizza fan and always will be, but this is a new favorite.  The service was pretty bad, but it's a tough time of year to staff a beach business (students gone and crowds still here) so I'm giving everyone a pass.



Cooling Foot Scrub from L.E.H. Soap Company
 in Rehoboth Beach
After lunch, we went down the alley next to Bella Luna and discovered L.E.H. Soaps at 127C Rehoboth Ave.   After walking in this good-smelling shop, I felt like a kid in a candy store!  It's filled with tons of hand-made soaps and body products, the prices are great, and the salesperson was eager to explain the products and offer samples and suggestions.  I purchased a 5 oz. jar of Cooling Foot Scrub ($8.95).  I tried it last night and was thrilled with how smooth it left the bottoms of my flip-flop damaged feet and the tingle of peppermint that lasted hours after I scrubbed.  This is definitely a product I will be stocking up on!


I'm really looking forward to cooler days ahead and being able to stroll through Rehoboth at my leisure without crowds and parking meters.  There are so many cool stores and unique products and, let's not forget, there's an ocean at the end of the street.  It is, without a doubt, one of my favorite places at the beach.







No comments: