Monday, June 16, 2014

Highlights of Another Beautiful Beach Weekend / Grab N' Go Taco Review

It's Monday morning and I'm exhausted (in a good way) from my beach weekend. I feel like my fins need a soak and I can't stop smiling - sure signs that I had a good weekend!

Friday's weather in OC was quite nice for most of the day. My daughter and I headed up to Diamond Nails & Spa at 7209 Coastal Hwy in Ocean City for much needed pedicures. I was quite pleased with the results. The staff was very friendly and it was affordable. We walked out in to the sun with our clean, shiny feet and headed up to Rehoboth Beach, which was under a horrible storm cloud when we arrived.

After hiding out at the Purple Parrot for dinner and drinks, we ventured on to the avenue for some shopping and the sky grew dark again. We were fortunate to be near the First Street Station and hid under the roof there for about 45 minutes. By the time the storm ended, it was time to head up to Dogfish Head Brewpub to catch Bob Mould.
 
Bob Mould performing at Dogfish Head Brewpub
 
Bob played solo with his electric guitar (interesting) to a fairly large crowd. He looked and sounded good, but I had trouble hearing the vocals through the guitar. Could've been my seat, but I don't think so.

Saturday brought perfect weather - sunny and breezy - and we headed to Northside Park for the Arts Alive Fine Art Show. Although I didn't buy any art, it was great to stroll through the park on such a beautiful day. The festival had a good vibe and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
 
Arts Alive Fine Art Festival at Northside Park in OC
 

After a quick lunch break, it was up to the inlet to find parking for the OC Air Show. This wasn't as good an idea as I thought it would be! The inlet parking lot was so full that they were only allowing cars in after others had left. This created a huge jam-up before the gates. Since the planes are visible from the entire boardwalk, it might have been a better idea to find parking on a street near the end of the boardwalk or, better yet, take a boat out to the ocean and sit anchored on the shoreline (like many others did)!
 
 
OC Air Show view from the boardwalk. 
 
Saturday night, we tried the new Grab and Go Taco in Fenwick Island. I was quite pleased with my chicken fajita taco and chicken quesadilla. The taco was overstuffed with marinated chicken, cheese, and red cabbage. I got some Green Crack (sort of a thin guacamole sauce) on the side and found that to be a tasty addition to both dishes. The salsa that came with the quesadilla was mild and chunky - just the way I like it. Prices are good and the staff was very friendly. This would make a great stop heading out of town or on your way back from the beach.

Since Sunday was Fathers Day, we stopped at Fishers Popcorn and Candy Kitchen to take home treats for our Dads. Both seemed pleased with their gifts, although it's probably not a good idea to load senior citizens up with junk food!

Great weekend and already looking forward to Friday when I head back!


No comments: