Thursday, September 18, 2014

9/19-9/21 Beach Weekend: Sunfest, Sunshine, and My Mother

I just checked the weather for this coming weekend and it looks like another beauty in the DE/MD resort towns. 


On Friday, I will be taking my Mom back to the beach for some more (well-deserved) R & R.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to attend Sunfest at the Ocean City inlet, but I'm not sure about if Mom will want to do a lot of walking.  Perhaps, if we go early enough, I can park in a municipal lot and we can catch the tram to the inlet.


Last time Mom visited my beach house, I introduced her to Go Fish! in Rehoboth.  She has been craving their fish and chips since June, so I think a trip back up North is in order.  If we go on Friday, it would work out great because it is Senior Beach Day in Rehoboth!  From 9 AM - 2 PM, there will be free health screenings, entertainment, and vendors all throughout Rehoboth (beach, bandstand, and convention center).  I'm sure that Mom would love to have her blood pressure taken after she eats a plate of fish and chips!



Dewey Beach Music Conference
Sept. 18-20
One place I know Mom won't want to go is to Dewey Beach for the 2014 Dewey Beach Music Conference.  After checking out the website for this event, it seems like a "must attend" for all local (and not-so-local) musicians.  Performances will be at Rusty Rudder, Bottle & Cork, Gary's, Jimmy's Grille, McShea's, Port, and Ivy.  There are also panels and speakers scheduled, as well as vendors selling merchandise.  The performance schedule lists mostly local musicians but also some from far-away lands, like California. 


MS Bike to the Bay is this weekend -
watch out for the cyclists!



TRAFFIC ALERTS:  Bike to the Bay and Dewey Beach Triathlon/Duathlon are both this weekend.  Please be careful when driving on Route 1!  Expect lane closures on Sunday morning between Bethany to Dewey Beaches. 




As always, have a wonderful, safe beach weekend!









No comments: