Monday, September 08, 2014

Beach-lorette Party

My beach house has survived it's first true test.  This past weekend, my daughter hosted 9 young ladies there for my future daughter-in-law's bachelorette party.


The stretch limo arrives to take the girls out on the town!

I wasn't at all nervous.  My daughter is extremely responsible and all of the girls that attended are as well.  My biggest fear was that they weren't going to "let loose" enough!  I think, from what I've heard about the weekend, they had a good time, relaxed, enjoyed many laughs and some phallic-shaped baked goods.

The only problem they had was when they overloaded the electricity by using too many hairdryers, straighteners, and curling irons at the same time.  I had to call an electrician to go to the property to replace the GFI outlet in one of the bathrooms (many thanks to Royal Plus Electric for responding so quickly - and many apologies to their tech, Charlie, for being asked if he would be the bachelorette party stripper).

Ocean City, MD is the perfect place to have a bachelor/bachelorette party.  Taxis, buses, and limos are plentiful and there is no shortage of great restaurants and clubs with live entertainment.  Hotels (especially in the off-season) are always more than willing to offer group discounts and many will provide free beach chairs to their guests.

Photo: Back to reality after a super amazing weekend. I feel so lucky to have 9 girls that would drop everything and come to the beach to celebrate with me for a weekend. They all made it more perfect than I could of imagined by showing up with tons of hilarious gifts and multiple penis cakes. I love you all so much! Also a big thank you to my future in laws for letting us use their beach house. And another thank you to my fiancĂ© for proposing to me.. Without you this weekend could never have happened :]On any given Saturday night in OC, you can find a group of young ladies clad in little black dresses surrounding one young lady clad in a little white dress (usually wearing a tiara and/or a banner).  This seems to be the bachelorette party "uniform".  My future daughter-in-law's crew all donned bright orange t-shirts with a Space Invader-like image on the front and "Game Over" printed on the back in video game font.  They received many positive comments on their originality and thanks for bucking the "norm"!
After their big night out, the girls enjoyed brunch at Crabcake Factory USA on 120th St. & Coastal Hwy in OC, where they dined on "gigantic" portions of delicious breakfast items made with lump crabmeat.

My daughter stayed an extra day to clean the house and wash all of the linens (told you she was extremely responsible) and have the house ready for me to head back down this weekend with my friends for Bike Week.  No custom t-shirts or penis shaped straws for us, but we're hoping that they left some of their bachelorette beverages behind in my new fridge! 






No comments: