Wednesday, September 10, 2014

OC Bike Fest 2014

Cover your ears.  The 14th Annual Delmarva Bike Week is happening this weekend (September 11-14).


I will be down to celebrate and watch some of the festivities.  I don't own a motorcycle.  I've never even been on a motorcycle.  I'm just thrilled that most of the visitors to the resort area this weekend will be my age or older!


Since I'll be on Ocean City, MD, I went to www.ocbikefest.com to find out if there is anything that I'd be interested in checking out.  There is not.


Friends of mine will be riding in to town on their Harley and staying with me.  Perhaps they will want to go see one of the concerts (Kashmir the Led Zeppelin cover band, Travis Tritt, Marshall Tucker Band, and Don Felder of the Eagles will be performing while we're in town) or maybe they will want to check out the "Wall of Death" stunt that is taking place at the OC Inlet.  Perhaps they won't be terribly offended if I don't join them.


There are other events and attractions happening in Salisbury, MD and Seaford, DE so be sure to check out the link at the top of this post.


I may just have to leave town and head to Selbyville, DE to attend the Arts and Jazz Festival at the Freeman Stage at Bayside.  It starts at 10 AM on Saturday 9/13 and it's free!  They recommend bringing your own chair so that you can relax and listen to some cool jazz, then look at some cool art. 


Traffic Alert:  Be careful if you're driving through Dewey Beach this Saturday.  It is hosting the 18th Annual Dewey Beach Triathlon .  This is a charity event benefitting the Sussex Family YMCA. 


Since I'm not an athlete or a biker, it will be fun to watch people doing things on two legs or two wheels.  Let's hope everyone has a safe and sun-filled beach weekend!



No comments: