Thursday, July 10, 2014

7/11-7/13 Beach Weekend Plans + Senior Week III

This weekend, my 88 year old father-in-law and my 60 year old brother-in-law will be visiting my beach house for the first time.  Therefore, I will probably not be doing anything that requires walking great distances, loud music, or...having any fun.


I'm gonna keep my activities gentle this weekend:


On Friday 7/11, I might take the in-laws to the Greek Festival at the OC Convention Center.  It runs 7/11-7/14 and, for a $2 admission fee, you can feast on all sorts of Greek food, listen to live music, and browse crafts.


After snacking on Baklava, maybe I'll take the old men over to  Coconuts Beach Bar and Grill in the Castle in the Sand Hotel for happy hour.  2 for 1 drinks at 5 PM and live music in a "tropical" beachfront setting.  What's a better way to bond with family than with a Tipsy Turtle in each hand?!


Saturday 7/12 is the Delaware Seashore State Park Sandcastle Contest.  This event is free, but you have to pay the park entrance fee ($4 in-state/$8 out-of-state).  The contest runs from 9:30 AM til 2 PM.


Sandcastle Contest at Delaware Seashore State Park this Saturday
Since I felt a little cheated by having to leave the beach so early last Sunday, I'm going to try leaving late on Sunday this week.  Perhaps after dinner time?  That way, I will get a full day on the beach, relax and not rush to get out of town, and avoid the late morning/early afternoon mass exodus.  We'll see how it works.


No comments: